The rapid development of computers and technology is the main reason why there are new Trojans, Worms, and spyware that come out every week. With the threat going more serious every week, it is a must to have antivirus software. But, what is it that you should consider in buying one? Here are the factors to look for:
• Scanning Engine – Being the main component of such software, it is a must that the scanning engine can do its job well and scan the entirety of the system. It must be able to search through a lot of places that some engines cannot do.
• Virus Detection – There is no antivirus program that can kill 100% of viruses, but some can reach up to 98%. This is why it is a must for us consumers to inspect what we buy and look if the software is accurate or not.
• Speed – Antivirus programs run a lot of processes in the computer at one time. However, it is a must that software should be speedy enough. This also proves if the program utilizes too many resources or not.
• Customization – Being the user of the program, you should be able to modify different aspects of the program to make the user feel better when the antivirus is used. Additionally, the features of the program must be distinct and downright useful. Features like firewalls and surfing shields will be of great help.
• Price – Everything comes with a price, so they say. Even antivirus programs have prices. Determine the scope of your budget and then shop around. Don’t purchase anything hastily. Do your homework. Research. When you have done so, decide on it.
These factors all contribute to the value of the antivirus program. Knowing what to look for in such programs make it easier for everyone to get the best program.